2017 - Marcus Evans Webinar Panel Discussion (Safety Case Development – Making it Work)
Lachlan Dreher (Director and Principal Risk Consultant), along with other risk management and process safety experts, came together to share their observations and experience in managing the operation and process safety risks at hazardous facilities. During the 60-minute webinar, the objectives of the Safety Case were discussed, as well as some pitfalls to be avoided and opportunities that should be embraced during the development of a Safety Case. Specific issues addressed by the panel included:
1. Securing buy in from stakeholders and evaluating commitment to ensure clear understanding of hazards and controls across the workforce
2. Improving resource allocation and developing a comprehensive action plan for process safety tasks
3. Designing a robust Safety Management System
4. Preserving organisational discipline around critical hazard controls and maintaining consistency of approaches
5. Strategies to avoid common pitfalls in Safety Case development.
To gain a better understanding in how you can make the Safety Case development process work for your facility, download the Panel Discussion slides here.