2014 -RISK Conference (Application of QRA and Bowtie Methodologies to Transportation Activities)
For some major projects or operations, road transportation can be a significant risk due to the widespread use of heavy and light vehicles. At the 2014 RISK Conference, R4Risk’s Lachlan Dreher (Director and Principal Risk Consultant) outlined approaches that may be used to estimate the risks associated with road transport activities.
- Specifically, Lachlan discussed:
- Types of road transportation activities
- Related hazards and applicable controls
- Development of a bowtie diagrams and a quantitative risk model
- The use of the risk profile in comparing the expected safety performance with different controls
- Potential areas for the application of risk reduction actions.
To read more, download the presentation slides here.